Feedback and Plan.

Today I got feedback on my project from some people from various industries (motion graphics designers, producers, previous students and brand designers). Below I have recorded the comments made and then come up with a plan on where to go from this point and what to work on over the next few days.

Feedback comments:

• Really good content; funny and engaging
  • The style you have chosen is suited to the content and what you are trying to communicate
  • Your idea is clear and you know who you are targeting and what message you are trying to get across to your audience
  • You should research existing videos that you like or contain the same visual style, animation style you are aiming for etc. just to get some inspiration of what you want your final video to look like.
  • Your stages are clear and act as a solid base for your script but I think you should create a crude animatic or storyboard to show what words or sections you want to emphasise and how you want the camera to work. This way you can filter out what doesn’t work and decide that elements you will need to animate what which parts can stay as still image.
  • Have you considered what photographs/still images you will include? Doing an animatic will help you figure this out.
  • Biggest concern is timing. You need to dedicate certain amounts of time to different sections in order to ensure you can finish on time.
  • Really good idea having the film able to work as one and also be split into individual stages and work on other social media platforms such as Instagram. It reaches more people and will also allow you to produce your film in smaller chunks which will be more manageable.
  • If timing is a concern you can create one stage and fully finish it and deign the other stages but having one stage finished will allow people to see how the others would work.

Plan for the next few days:

1. Look at existing animations and find what I like and ones that have similar styles to my project.
  2. Create an animatic and decide what words I want to emphasise or animate.
  3. Decide what imagery I can have in each of the stages.